Looking for a hotel in Liberec, near Prague, I came across the Grandhotel Zlaty Lev. All its rooms are pretty ordinary and corporate-looking, apart from this crazy one: I love it because of the contrast of some quite restrained period detail (parquet floor and oversize doors, for example) with furniture that’s really quite outrageously over the top. The colour scheme’s cool, too. There’s something a bit creepy about it all, though – it reminds me of that room at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey, when everything goes properly nutso. Or it might be that bed, which looks as if it might induce a nightmare straight out of a dark Czechoslovakian fairytale. This isn’t the kind of look I’d want to reproduce at home, but for a couple of nights it would be ace to sleep here. Bring on the nightmares.
- My holiday let in Rye is free for New Year - it sleeps six and Rye has everything you need for an excellent, relaxi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- So great so have a look through @nlalondon's Don't Move, Improve shortlist - & the number of projects in SE London… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- RT @MarkDiStef: omg Reporter: “What does it feel like coming home?” London mayor Sadiq Khan: “Home is south London mate. But it’s good t… 6 days ago
- The rain has bought all the birds to the garden for a worm banquet. 6 days ago
- I'm going to start my own Homes under the Hammer bingo of design features. Lime-green kitchen splashback. Feature w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago