Looking for a hotel in Liberec, near Prague, I came across the Grandhotel Zlaty Lev. All its rooms are pretty ordinary and corporate-looking, apart from this crazy one: I love it because of the contrast of some quite restrained period detail (parquet floor and oversize doors, for example) with furniture that’s really quite outrageously over the top. The colour scheme’s cool, too. There’s something a bit creepy about it all, though – it reminds me of that room at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey, when everything goes properly nutso. Or it might be that bed, which looks as if it might induce a nightmare straight out of a dark Czechoslovakian fairytale. This isn’t the kind of look I’d want to reproduce at home, but for a couple of nights it would be ace to sleep here. Bring on the nightmares.
- Thanks @DesignCentreCH for a lovely week working at #Focus17AtDCCH https://t.co/SaNKy3yX0C 12 hours ago
- RT @catemm1: When you go on holiday and find out your boyfriend is "outdoorsy" 😒 https://t.co/R7UdnmPTZ6 1 week ago
- Bread lamps! From real bread! Not sure why. designboom.com/design/yukiko-… https://t.co/BeVpX9qfXu 1 week ago
- RT @susie_dent: Should anyone need it, 'crambazzled' is an old Yorkshire term for looking prematurely aged or rough from drinking/partying/… 1 week ago
- Been enjoying this little dude's face for a piece I'm doing on children's decor. He does look anxious, though… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago