Looking for a hotel in Liberec, near Prague, I came across the Grandhotel Zlaty Lev. All its rooms are pretty ordinary and corporate-looking, apart from this crazy one: I love it because of the contrast of some quite restrained period detail (parquet floor and oversize doors, for example) with furniture that’s really quite outrageously over the top. The colour scheme’s cool, too. There’s something a bit creepy about it all, though – it reminds me of that room at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey, when everything goes properly nutso. Or it might be that bed, which looks as if it might induce a nightmare straight out of a dark Czechoslovakian fairytale. This isn’t the kind of look I’d want to reproduce at home, but for a couple of nights it would be ace to sleep here. Bring on the nightmares.
- @TroisVerres I kicked it under a bus @TroisVerres 4 days ago
- Met a dog called Lucky in the park today - surely that name is asking for trouble 4 days ago
- 20% off and free delivery at Zara Home this weekend. So much I would buy if I had the money and the space, like thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Some trends, as collated by me! In @teleprop today and online telegraph.co.uk/property/inter… 2 weeks ago
- RT @go_scriptor: The new place round the corner from us looks 👌 https://t.co/uNXLI9bwWW 2 weeks ago