Architecture and building website Arch Daily has a major crush on Japanese house design at the moment, and it is particularly pink-cheeked and giggly when it comes to Suppose Design Office. This Suppose house featured recently is ingenious in its tackling of a narrow, steep site: the rooms overlook the side of the hill (as opposed to looking out, down the hill) with acres of steel-framed glazing. Inside, exposed beams and simple concrete-meets-timber detailing make things as unfussy as can be. Clever stuff.
- My interview with Osborne & Little’s Peter Osborne, celebrating 50 years in business twitter.com/teleproperty/s… 2 days ago
- Please make it good @Egretwest @Studio_CTA! Also, not everyone wants to keep the bloody giant cat. twitter.com/ArchitectsJrna… 2 days ago
- Impressed that I found a document of GOOD LOFTS, created for the next time I was commissioned to write about lofts.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @MrTimDunn: We have opened a new town at @Bekonscot Model Village - that i designed 12 yrs ago - and staff have been building ever since… 1 week ago
- Ooof the replies to this are quite something twitter.com/david_cameron/… 1 week ago