Architecture and building website Arch Daily has a major crush on Japanese house design at the moment, and it is particularly pink-cheeked and giggly when it comes to Suppose Design Office. This Suppose house featured recently is ingenious in its tackling of a narrow, steep site: the rooms overlook the side of the hill (as opposed to looking out, down the hill) with acres of steel-framed glazing. Inside, exposed beams and simple concrete-meets-timber detailing make things as unfussy as can be. Clever stuff.
- @SoVeryBritish My eyes!!!!! 22 hours ago
- Chuckling at the idea of an "iconic towel" as described to me in a press release that just arrived in my in-box 1 week ago
- Mmmm lovely apartment in Venice. A bit Carlo Scarpa (with colour) a bit po-mo, a bit of everything really… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @FryRsquared: A life in banknotes (from here: tinyurl.com/ycf2zgez/) https://t.co/PRP8kkYNvc 1 week ago
- Been thinking a lot about the dreamy view of the Ouse from this house in Lewes, by @SandyRendelArch, on sale throug… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago