Conran’s Well Considered range launches today, the firm’s stab at entering the market for more affordable products. Speaking as someone for whom anything not dragged out of a skip seems a bit steep, this is welcome news, and the stress here is really on good-quality design that will last rather than cheap stuff that won’t. I wanted to like more of the launch collection, especially as I’d read that it would have a ’50s/’60s vibe, but for me, the Plank desk/table (first designed by Ercol in 1956) really stands out, along with the Luci floor light and a classic bentwood chair in red or lime green that won’t date. Oh, and ‘Well Considered’ is the most blah name ever: I’m going to add it to my list of ways to describe things I hate without offending too much (“Hmm…that’s very, um…well considered”).
- @TroisVerres I kicked it under a bus @TroisVerres 3 days ago
- Met a dog called Lucky in the park today - surely that name is asking for trouble 3 days ago
- 20% off and free delivery at Zara Home this weekend. So much I would buy if I had the money and the space, like thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Some trends, as collated by me! In @teleprop today and online telegraph.co.uk/property/inter… 2 weeks ago
- RT @go_scriptor: The new place round the corner from us looks 👌 https://t.co/uNXLI9bwWW 2 weeks ago