Alongside my Spitalfields silk-weavers’ house, wee Highland cottage and Venetian palazzo, a John Lautner-designed house in Los Angeles is on the long list of homes that I own in my dreams. Thankfully one’s up for sale, according to the LA Times: Hatherall House was built in 1958 and is as sexy as concrete, brick, glass and steel can get, with a huge circular living space/control room overlooking the pool and the San Fernando Valley. Its current owners spent 18 months restoring it before they moved in 10 years ago, and have clearly remained sensitive to Lautner’s original vision for high drama and simplicity in equal measure. The house has its own swanky website to aid the sale (here), which may be necessary given that the price is $1.595m. Jeepers.
- @SoVeryBritish My eyes!!!!! 22 hours ago
- Chuckling at the idea of an "iconic towel" as described to me in a press release that just arrived in my in-box 1 week ago
- Mmmm lovely apartment in Venice. A bit Carlo Scarpa (with colour) a bit po-mo, a bit of everything really… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @FryRsquared: A life in banknotes (from here: tinyurl.com/ycf2zgez/) https://t.co/PRP8kkYNvc 1 week ago
- Been thinking a lot about the dreamy view of the Ouse from this house in Lewes, by @SandyRendelArch, on sale throug… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago