Alongside my Spitalfields silk-weavers’ house, wee Highland cottage and Venetian palazzo, a John Lautner-designed house in Los Angeles is on the long list of homes that I own in my dreams. Thankfully one’s up for sale, according to the LA Times: Hatherall House was built in 1958 and is as sexy as concrete, brick, glass and steel can get, with a huge circular living space/control room overlooking the pool and the San Fernando Valley. Its current owners spent 18 months restoring it before they moved in 10 years ago, and have clearly remained sensitive to Lautner’s original vision for high drama and simplicity in equal measure. The house has its own swanky website to aid the sale (here), which may be necessary given that the price is $1.595m. Jeepers.
- RT @catemm1: When you go on holiday and find out your boyfriend is "outdoorsy" 😒 https://t.co/R7UdnmPTZ6 6 days ago
- Bread lamps! From real bread! Not sure why. designboom.com/design/yukiko-… https://t.co/BeVpX9qfXu 1 week ago
- RT @susie_dent: Should anyone need it, 'crambazzled' is an old Yorkshire term for looking prematurely aged or rough from drinking/partying/… 1 week ago
- Been enjoying this little dude's face for a piece I'm doing on children's decor. He does look anxious, though… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Who's ordering takeaway tonight? (Very British Problems in today's @Telegraph) https://t.co/g9p4Ll9lMa 2 weeks ago