Alongside my Spitalfields silk-weavers’ house, wee Highland cottage and Venetian palazzo, a John Lautner-designed house in Los Angeles is on the long list of homes that I own in my dreams. Thankfully one’s up for sale, according to the LA Times: Hatherall House was built in 1958 and is as sexy as concrete, brick, glass and steel can get, with a huge circular living space/control room overlooking the pool and the San Fernando Valley. Its current owners spent 18 months restoring it before they moved in 10 years ago, and have clearly remained sensitive to Lautner’s original vision for high drama and simplicity in equal measure. The house has its own swanky website to aid the sale (here), which may be necessary given that the price is $1.595m. Jeepers.
- My holiday let in Rye is free for New Year - it sleeps six and Rye has everything you need for an excellent, relaxi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- So great so have a look through @nlalondon's Don't Move, Improve shortlist - & the number of projects in SE London… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @MarkDiStef: omg Reporter: “What does it feel like coming home?” London mayor Sadiq Khan: “Home is south London mate. But it’s good t… 4 days ago
- The rain has bought all the birds to the garden for a worm banquet. 4 days ago
- I'm going to start my own Homes under the Hammer bingo of design features. Lime-green kitchen splashback. Feature w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago