Alongside my Spitalfields silk-weavers’ house, wee Highland cottage and Venetian palazzo, a John Lautner-designed house in Los Angeles is on the long list of homes that I own in my dreams. Thankfully one’s up for sale, according to the LA Times: Hatherall House was built in 1958 and is as sexy as concrete, brick, glass and steel can get, with a huge circular living space/control room overlooking the pool and the San Fernando Valley. Its current owners spent 18 months restoring it before they moved in 10 years ago, and have clearly remained sensitive to Lautner’s original vision for high drama and simplicity in equal measure. The house has its own swanky website to aid the sale (here), which may be necessary given that the price is $1.595m. Jeepers.
- @TroisVerres I kicked it under a bus @TroisVerres 3 days ago
- Met a dog called Lucky in the park today - surely that name is asking for trouble 3 days ago
- 20% off and free delivery at Zara Home this weekend. So much I would buy if I had the money and the space, like thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Some trends, as collated by me! In @teleprop today and online telegraph.co.uk/property/inter… 2 weeks ago
- RT @go_scriptor: The new place round the corner from us looks 👌 https://t.co/uNXLI9bwWW 2 weeks ago