Youthful Danish architectural studio LASC’s first completed project is this summer house in Österien, Sweden. It’s a former traditional farmhouse opened up with the removal of many of the internal walls and the addition of a few more windows. It has a modesty of scale and materials that befits a place intended for rest and relaxation, but a cheeky exuberance in its use of colour that says “Woo! I’m on holiday!” There are a few ideas to take away here, including the bright hues used in unexpected places (doorways, staircases, storage), the informality of the mis-matched furniture, and clever small-space solutions like the extended windowsill doubling up as a perch for a laptop. Spotted on designboom.
- @TroisVerres I kicked it under a bus @TroisVerres 3 days ago
- Met a dog called Lucky in the park today - surely that name is asking for trouble 3 days ago
- 20% off and free delivery at Zara Home this weekend. So much I would buy if I had the money and the space, like thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Some trends, as collated by me! In @teleprop today and online telegraph.co.uk/property/inter… 2 weeks ago
- RT @go_scriptor: The new place round the corner from us looks 👌 https://t.co/uNXLI9bwWW 2 weeks ago