Youthful Danish architectural studio LASC’s first completed project is this summer house in Österien, Sweden. It’s a former traditional farmhouse opened up with the removal of many of the internal walls and the addition of a few more windows. It has a modesty of scale and materials that befits a place intended for rest and relaxation, but a cheeky exuberance in its use of colour that says “Woo! I’m on holiday!” There are a few ideas to take away here, including the bright hues used in unexpected places (doorways, staircases, storage), the informality of the mis-matched furniture, and clever small-space solutions like the extended windowsill doubling up as a perch for a laptop. Spotted on designboom.
- RT @catemm1: When you go on holiday and find out your boyfriend is "outdoorsy" 😒 https://t.co/R7UdnmPTZ6 6 days ago
- Bread lamps! From real bread! Not sure why. designboom.com/design/yukiko-… https://t.co/BeVpX9qfXu 1 week ago
- RT @susie_dent: Should anyone need it, 'crambazzled' is an old Yorkshire term for looking prematurely aged or rough from drinking/partying/… 1 week ago
- Been enjoying this little dude's face for a piece I'm doing on children's decor. He does look anxious, though… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Who's ordering takeaway tonight? (Very British Problems in today's @Telegraph) https://t.co/g9p4Ll9lMa 2 weeks ago