Polar bears are deadly. They will rip your neck out before you’ve had a chance to scream. This one isn’t though because it’s a bookshelf, and it’s called Joe. Eccentric French design firm Ibride has made just 50 of them, and in an act of whimsy it has also set up a website (here) where you can pinpoint all the Joes on a map of the globe, and leave news about how your Joe is getting on if you’re one of its lucky owners. The map reveals that none of them are anywhere near the Arctic Circle, which just goes to show that if you have to live with the threat of actual polar bears, you don’t want them actually inside your house, even in lovely bookshelf form.
- @SoVeryBritish My eyes!!!!! 22 hours ago
- Chuckling at the idea of an "iconic towel" as described to me in a press release that just arrived in my in-box 1 week ago
- Mmmm lovely apartment in Venice. A bit Carlo Scarpa (with colour) a bit po-mo, a bit of everything really… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @FryRsquared: A life in banknotes (from here: tinyurl.com/ycf2zgez/) https://t.co/PRP8kkYNvc 1 week ago
- Been thinking a lot about the dreamy view of the Ouse from this house in Lewes, by @SandyRendelArch, on sale throug… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago