Polar bears are deadly. They will rip your neck out before you’ve had a chance to scream. This one isn’t though because it’s a bookshelf, and it’s called Joe. Eccentric French design firm Ibride has made just 50 of them, and in an act of whimsy it has also set up a website (here) where you can pinpoint all the Joes on a map of the globe, and leave news about how your Joe is getting on if you’re one of its lucky owners. The map reveals that none of them are anywhere near the Arctic Circle, which just goes to show that if you have to live with the threat of actual polar bears, you don’t want them actually inside your house, even in lovely bookshelf form.
- Thanks @DesignCentreCH for a lovely week working at #Focus17AtDCCH https://t.co/SaNKy3yX0C 12 hours ago
- RT @catemm1: When you go on holiday and find out your boyfriend is "outdoorsy" 😒 https://t.co/R7UdnmPTZ6 1 week ago
- Bread lamps! From real bread! Not sure why. designboom.com/design/yukiko-… https://t.co/BeVpX9qfXu 1 week ago
- RT @susie_dent: Should anyone need it, 'crambazzled' is an old Yorkshire term for looking prematurely aged or rough from drinking/partying/… 1 week ago
- Been enjoying this little dude's face for a piece I'm doing on children's decor. He does look anxious, though… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago