Polar bears are deadly. They will rip your neck out before you’ve had a chance to scream. This one isn’t though because it’s a bookshelf, and it’s called Joe. Eccentric French design firm Ibride has made just 50 of them, and in an act of whimsy it has also set up a website (here) where you can pinpoint all the Joes on a map of the globe, and leave news about how your Joe is getting on if you’re one of its lucky owners. The map reveals that none of them are anywhere near the Arctic Circle, which just goes to show that if you have to live with the threat of actual polar bears, you don’t want them actually inside your house, even in lovely bookshelf form.
- My interview with Osborne & Little’s Peter Osborne, celebrating 50 years in business twitter.com/teleproperty/s… 2 days ago
- Please make it good @Egretwest @Studio_CTA! Also, not everyone wants to keep the bloody giant cat. twitter.com/ArchitectsJrna… 2 days ago
- Impressed that I found a document of GOOD LOFTS, created for the next time I was commissioned to write about lofts.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @MrTimDunn: We have opened a new town at @Bekonscot Model Village - that i designed 12 yrs ago - and staff have been building ever since… 1 week ago
- Ooof the replies to this are quite something twitter.com/david_cameron/… 1 week ago