I’m all for salvaging in favour of splashing out, but sometimes there’s just nothing left to salvage. I’ve been idly checking out the wonderful Salvoweb for a while to see if there are any English Rose kitchens going begging, hoping to snag a bargain. But there are very few of them about, what’s left always looks a bit knackered, and what are the odds of it actually fitting your existing kitchen? So I was very pleased to find out that John Lewis of Hungerford are doing a very passable looky-likey, its Creme de la Creme range. You won’t get that thrill of discovering a modern classic at a knockdown price (far from it, unfortunately) but you will get the same scrumptious curves, ice-cream colours, metallic handle indents and, most importantly, that vibe of post-war, never-had-it-so-good optimism.
- @TroisVerres I kicked it under a bus @TroisVerres 3 days ago
- Met a dog called Lucky in the park today - surely that name is asking for trouble 3 days ago
- 20% off and free delivery at Zara Home this weekend. So much I would buy if I had the money and the space, like thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Some trends, as collated by me! In @teleprop today and online telegraph.co.uk/property/inter… 2 weeks ago
- RT @go_scriptor: The new place round the corner from us looks 👌 https://t.co/uNXLI9bwWW 2 weeks ago