I was sucked in to Charles and Marie‘s stand at 100% Design by these irresistable porcelain Park Planters, created by Canadian designer Tristan Zimmerman. I love the way they muck around with scale and turn your little houseplant into a towering tree (if you squint), plus, they’re just ordinary little people ’til you look closer and find that in actual fact, they’re muggers, flashers, a lost salesman and a gay couple out for some fun. Tee hee. Charles and Marie bills itself as a Quintessentiel [sic] Lifestyle Navigator, which, if you can get over such a description, means it’s selected a really brilliant range of unusual things to sell – often with an absurd/surreal touch but always very well made – that you won’t see in many other places. If you’re ever stuck for a present for the design-lover in your life, make it your first port of call.
- RT @catemm1: When you go on holiday and find out your boyfriend is "outdoorsy" 😒 https://t.co/R7UdnmPTZ6 6 days ago
- Bread lamps! From real bread! Not sure why. designboom.com/design/yukiko-… https://t.co/BeVpX9qfXu 1 week ago
- RT @susie_dent: Should anyone need it, 'crambazzled' is an old Yorkshire term for looking prematurely aged or rough from drinking/partying/… 1 week ago
- Been enjoying this little dude's face for a piece I'm doing on children's decor. He does look anxious, though… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Who's ordering takeaway tonight? (Very British Problems in today's @Telegraph) https://t.co/g9p4Ll9lMa 2 weeks ago