I was sucked in to Charles and Marie‘s stand at 100% Design by these irresistable porcelain Park Planters, created by Canadian designer Tristan Zimmerman. I love the way they muck around with scale and turn your little houseplant into a towering tree (if you squint), plus, they’re just ordinary little people ’til you look closer and find that in actual fact, they’re muggers, flashers, a lost salesman and a gay couple out for some fun. Tee hee. Charles and Marie bills itself as a Quintessentiel [sic] Lifestyle Navigator, which, if you can get over such a description, means it’s selected a really brilliant range of unusual things to sell – often with an absurd/surreal touch but always very well made – that you won’t see in many other places. If you’re ever stuck for a present for the design-lover in your life, make it your first port of call.
- My interview with Osborne & Little’s Peter Osborne, celebrating 50 years in business twitter.com/teleproperty/s… 2 days ago
- Please make it good @Egretwest @Studio_CTA! Also, not everyone wants to keep the bloody giant cat. twitter.com/ArchitectsJrna… 3 days ago
- Impressed that I found a document of GOOD LOFTS, created for the next time I was commissioned to write about lofts.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @MrTimDunn: We have opened a new town at @Bekonscot Model Village - that i designed 12 yrs ago - and staff have been building ever since… 1 week ago
- Ooof the replies to this are quite something twitter.com/david_cameron/… 1 week ago