I was sucked in to Charles and Marie‘s stand at 100% Design by these irresistable porcelain Park Planters, created by Canadian designer Tristan Zimmerman. I love the way they muck around with scale and turn your little houseplant into a towering tree (if you squint), plus, they’re just ordinary little people ’til you look closer and find that in actual fact, they’re muggers, flashers, a lost salesman and a gay couple out for some fun. Tee hee. Charles and Marie bills itself as a Quintessentiel [sic] Lifestyle Navigator, which, if you can get over such a description, means it’s selected a really brilliant range of unusual things to sell – often with an absurd/surreal touch but always very well made – that you won’t see in many other places. If you’re ever stuck for a present for the design-lover in your life, make it your first port of call.
- @SoVeryBritish My eyes!!!!! 22 hours ago
- Chuckling at the idea of an "iconic towel" as described to me in a press release that just arrived in my in-box 1 week ago
- Mmmm lovely apartment in Venice. A bit Carlo Scarpa (with colour) a bit po-mo, a bit of everything really… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @FryRsquared: A life in banknotes (from here: tinyurl.com/ycf2zgez/) https://t.co/PRP8kkYNvc 1 week ago
- Been thinking a lot about the dreamy view of the Ouse from this house in Lewes, by @SandyRendelArch, on sale throug… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago