I went to Cockpit Arts’ Christmas open studios over the weekend and was pleased to find out that some of my favourite designers (including Lush Designs and Thornback & Peel) come up with their stuff just down the road from me in Deptford. I had no idea. There were loads of things I hadn’t seen before, too, including the work of upholsterer Amber Heptinstall who takes traditional furniture and gives it a new lease of life with sensual and glamorous textiles. She had on display a buttoned bed head in black velvet, studded with Smartie-like multicoloured buttons, which made me want to both touch it and eat it (I only did one of these things though. Guess which one).
- @SoVeryBritish My eyes!!!!! 22 hours ago
- Chuckling at the idea of an "iconic towel" as described to me in a press release that just arrived in my in-box 1 week ago
- Mmmm lovely apartment in Venice. A bit Carlo Scarpa (with colour) a bit po-mo, a bit of everything really… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @FryRsquared: A life in banknotes (from here: tinyurl.com/ycf2zgez/) https://t.co/PRP8kkYNvc 1 week ago
- Been thinking a lot about the dreamy view of the Ouse from this house in Lewes, by @SandyRendelArch, on sale throug… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago