Not a house, but taking plenty of inspiration from residential design, Octium is a fancy jewellery store in a Kuwait mall that has been designed by Jaime Hayon (if the name seems familiar, he created that giant porcelain chess set that check-mated its way across Trafalgar Square during the last London Design Festival). And it is a fabulous place indeed – I love the contrasting blues of the carpet and the enormous buttoned seat/ottoman thingy, the gold ceramic lighting and the massive creamy curtain that creates a backdrop to it all. Super-glamorous.
- My interview with Osborne & Little’s Peter Osborne, celebrating 50 years in business twitter.com/teleproperty/s… 2 days ago
- Please make it good @Egretwest @Studio_CTA! Also, not everyone wants to keep the bloody giant cat. twitter.com/ArchitectsJrna… 2 days ago
- Impressed that I found a document of GOOD LOFTS, created for the next time I was commissioned to write about lofts.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @MrTimDunn: We have opened a new town at @Bekonscot Model Village - that i designed 12 yrs ago - and staff have been building ever since… 1 week ago
- Ooof the replies to this are quite something twitter.com/david_cameron/… 1 week ago