Not a house, but taking plenty of inspiration from residential design, Octium is a fancy jewellery store in a Kuwait mall that has been designed by Jaime Hayon (if the name seems familiar, he created that giant porcelain chess set that check-mated its way across Trafalgar Square during the last London Design Festival). And it is a fabulous place indeed – I love the contrasting blues of the carpet and the enormous buttoned seat/ottoman thingy, the gold ceramic lighting and the massive creamy curtain that creates a backdrop to it all. Super-glamorous.
- My holiday let in Rye is free for New Year - it sleeps six and Rye has everything you need for an excellent, relaxi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- So great so have a look through @nlalondon's Don't Move, Improve shortlist - & the number of projects in SE London… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @MarkDiStef: omg Reporter: “What does it feel like coming home?” London mayor Sadiq Khan: “Home is south London mate. But it’s good t… 4 days ago
- The rain has bought all the birds to the garden for a worm banquet. 4 days ago
- I'm going to start my own Homes under the Hammer bingo of design features. Lime-green kitchen splashback. Feature w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago