Not a house, but taking plenty of inspiration from residential design, Octium is a fancy jewellery store in a Kuwait mall that has been designed by Jaime Hayon (if the name seems familiar, he created that giant porcelain chess set that check-mated its way across Trafalgar Square during the last London Design Festival). And it is a fabulous place indeed – I love the contrasting blues of the carpet and the enormous buttoned seat/ottoman thingy, the gold ceramic lighting and the massive creamy curtain that creates a backdrop to it all. Super-glamorous.
- RT @catemm1: When you go on holiday and find out your boyfriend is "outdoorsy" 😒 https://t.co/R7UdnmPTZ6 6 days ago
- Bread lamps! From real bread! Not sure why. designboom.com/design/yukiko-… https://t.co/BeVpX9qfXu 1 week ago
- RT @susie_dent: Should anyone need it, 'crambazzled' is an old Yorkshire term for looking prematurely aged or rough from drinking/partying/… 1 week ago
- Been enjoying this little dude's face for a piece I'm doing on children's decor. He does look anxious, though… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Who's ordering takeaway tonight? (Very British Problems in today's @Telegraph) https://t.co/g9p4Ll9lMa 2 weeks ago