I love it when something is so uncool, a designer picks it up, reinvents it and makes you look at it in a new way. These lights, made from the type of cut-glass decanters you can get at at antiques fairs (or boot fairs or charity shops, for that matter) for a song, were designed by Lee Broom for a new London bar, Coquine. Some of them have a gold finish added, while others are au naturel. Lee points out on his website that they’re not limited editions – he’ll carry on making them until he stops finding them. I reckon they’ll have a pretty long run.
- @SoVeryBritish My eyes!!!!! 22 hours ago
- Chuckling at the idea of an "iconic towel" as described to me in a press release that just arrived in my in-box 1 week ago
- Mmmm lovely apartment in Venice. A bit Carlo Scarpa (with colour) a bit po-mo, a bit of everything really… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @FryRsquared: A life in banknotes (from here: tinyurl.com/ycf2zgez/) https://t.co/PRP8kkYNvc 1 week ago
- Been thinking a lot about the dreamy view of the Ouse from this house in Lewes, by @SandyRendelArch, on sale throug… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago