Not much is worth leaving the house for at the moment, but I think that it’s worth braving the snow and ice for the twin sample sales by Donna Wilson and Thorsten van Elten, who occupy adjoining studios in Bethnal Green and thoughtfully decided to offload all their samples and seconds at the same time. If you can stand the bunfight there are bargains to be had, from Donna Wilson’s soft, cosy and sometimes kitsch hand-knitted cushions and blankets to Ed Carpenter’s signature pigeon light (£65 online, £25 at the sale – I didn’t take much notice of the prices at DW as it was crazy, but they seemed to be good). It’s on ’til Sunday, details here. Oh and PS if you like what Thorsten van Elten does, they now have an e-shop where you can buy a nice selection of (full-price) products, here.
- @SoVeryBritish My eyes!!!!! 22 hours ago
- Chuckling at the idea of an "iconic towel" as described to me in a press release that just arrived in my in-box 1 week ago
- Mmmm lovely apartment in Venice. A bit Carlo Scarpa (with colour) a bit po-mo, a bit of everything really… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @FryRsquared: A life in banknotes (from here: tinyurl.com/ycf2zgez/) https://t.co/PRP8kkYNvc 1 week ago
- Been thinking a lot about the dreamy view of the Ouse from this house in Lewes, by @SandyRendelArch, on sale throug… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago