Not much is worth leaving the house for at the moment, but I think that it’s worth braving the snow and ice for the twin sample sales by Donna Wilson and Thorsten van Elten, who occupy adjoining studios in Bethnal Green and thoughtfully decided to offload all their samples and seconds at the same time. If you can stand the bunfight there are bargains to be had, from Donna Wilson’s soft, cosy and sometimes kitsch hand-knitted cushions and blankets to Ed Carpenter’s signature pigeon light (£65 online, £25 at the sale – I didn’t take much notice of the prices at DW as it was crazy, but they seemed to be good). It’s on ’til Sunday, details here. Oh and PS if you like what Thorsten van Elten does, they now have an e-shop where you can buy a nice selection of (full-price) products, here.
- My holiday let in Rye is free for New Year - it sleeps six and Rye has everything you need for an excellent, relaxi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- So great so have a look through @nlalondon's Don't Move, Improve shortlist - & the number of projects in SE London… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @MarkDiStef: omg Reporter: “What does it feel like coming home?” London mayor Sadiq Khan: “Home is south London mate. But it’s good t… 4 days ago
- The rain has bought all the birds to the garden for a worm banquet. 4 days ago
- I'm going to start my own Homes under the Hammer bingo of design features. Lime-green kitchen splashback. Feature w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago