Not much is worth leaving the house for at the moment, but I think that it’s worth braving the snow and ice for the twin sample sales by Donna Wilson and Thorsten van Elten, who occupy adjoining studios in Bethnal Green and thoughtfully decided to offload all their samples and seconds at the same time. If you can stand the bunfight there are bargains to be had, from Donna Wilson’s soft, cosy and sometimes kitsch hand-knitted cushions and blankets to Ed Carpenter’s signature pigeon light (£65 online, £25 at the sale – I didn’t take much notice of the prices at DW as it was crazy, but they seemed to be good). It’s on ’til Sunday, details here. Oh and PS if you like what Thorsten van Elten does, they now have an e-shop where you can buy a nice selection of (full-price) products, here.
- Thanks @DesignCentreCH for a lovely week working at #Focus17AtDCCH https://t.co/SaNKy3yX0C 12 hours ago
- RT @catemm1: When you go on holiday and find out your boyfriend is "outdoorsy" 😒 https://t.co/R7UdnmPTZ6 1 week ago
- Bread lamps! From real bread! Not sure why. designboom.com/design/yukiko-… https://t.co/BeVpX9qfXu 1 week ago
- RT @susie_dent: Should anyone need it, 'crambazzled' is an old Yorkshire term for looking prematurely aged or rough from drinking/partying/… 1 week ago
- Been enjoying this little dude's face for a piece I'm doing on children's decor. He does look anxious, though… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago