Not much is worth leaving the house for at the moment, but I think that it’s worth braving the snow and ice for the twin sample sales by Donna Wilson and Thorsten van Elten, who occupy adjoining studios in Bethnal Green and thoughtfully decided to offload all their samples and seconds at the same time. If you can stand the bunfight there are bargains to be had, from Donna Wilson’s soft, cosy and sometimes kitsch hand-knitted cushions and blankets to Ed Carpenter’s signature pigeon light (£65 online, £25 at the sale – I didn’t take much notice of the prices at DW as it was crazy, but they seemed to be good). It’s on ’til Sunday, details here. Oh and PS if you like what Thorsten van Elten does, they now have an e-shop where you can buy a nice selection of (full-price) products, here.
- My interview with Osborne & Little’s Peter Osborne, celebrating 50 years in business twitter.com/teleproperty/s… 2 days ago
- Please make it good @Egretwest @Studio_CTA! Also, not everyone wants to keep the bloody giant cat. twitter.com/ArchitectsJrna… 2 days ago
- Impressed that I found a document of GOOD LOFTS, created for the next time I was commissioned to write about lofts.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @MrTimDunn: We have opened a new town at @Bekonscot Model Village - that i designed 12 yrs ago - and staff have been building ever since… 1 week ago
- Ooof the replies to this are quite something twitter.com/david_cameron/… 1 week ago