If you like beautiful furniture but (crucially) you’re prepared to wait for it, have a look at made.com. Invented by a clever person, entrepreneur Ning Li, and backed by among others Brent Hoberman of mydeco.com, it cuts out the middle man so you’re effectively ordering straight from the manufacturer. Ning is Chinese, and a lot of made.com’s furniture is manufactured over there, and you could be looking at a 12-week-wait for your new favourite thing. If you can get over all those furniture miles and not supporting Dear Old Blighty’s furniture industry some of the products are really wonderful, like Steuart Padwick’s elegant contemporary Stroller desk for £299. You can also vote for the next batch of items to be made – the most loved get put in to production.
- @TroisVerres I kicked it under a bus @TroisVerres 3 days ago
- Met a dog called Lucky in the park today - surely that name is asking for trouble 3 days ago
- 20% off and free delivery at Zara Home this weekend. So much I would buy if I had the money and the space, like thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Some trends, as collated by me! In @teleprop today and online telegraph.co.uk/property/inter… 2 weeks ago
- RT @go_scriptor: The new place round the corner from us looks 👌 https://t.co/uNXLI9bwWW 2 weeks ago