I’m a bit of a tile obsessive – yes, there are better things to get obsessed about but I can’t help it. And I particularly love tiles that are hand-made, where no two are the same and you can sense something about the maker in each one. Lubna Chowdhary makes the most beautiful tiles from her Streatham studio, with intricate, colourful target patterns, textured concentric circles like a drop of water in a pool, or more sober muddy-coloured geometrics that remind me of Cubist paintings. She has worked on some wonderful commissions but has recently opened an online shop where you can buy things directly – little groupings of tiles, plus hotplates and storage jars. I just don’t know what it is about her work, but it makes me feel happy looking at it. She’s having a studio sale on Dec 3&4, if you want to see what she does (and buy) first-hand.
- @TroisVerres I kicked it under a bus @TroisVerres 3 days ago
- Met a dog called Lucky in the park today - surely that name is asking for trouble 3 days ago
- 20% off and free delivery at Zara Home this weekend. So much I would buy if I had the money and the space, like thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Some trends, as collated by me! In @teleprop today and online telegraph.co.uk/property/inter… 2 weeks ago
- RT @go_scriptor: The new place round the corner from us looks 👌 https://t.co/uNXLI9bwWW 2 weeks ago