If you like your Americana, a piece of artwork from Hatch Show Print is a must-have. The Nashville-based letterpress printmakers have been churning out show posters for the greatest names in country music since 1879, and you can still buy the best of their ‘restrikes’ (ie, a new print made from the original plates) for surprisingly little. Among the Pasty Cline and Johnny Cash posters there is some ace advertising artwork, pushing everything from trailers to ice-cream, that brilliantly evokes the brave new world of post-war consumerism. I dunno what ‘whole hog sausage’ is, but this poster makes me want to eat some.
- RT @scottygb: Rule for Londoners: if you are sitting in the driving seat of a DLR train you must look like you are enjoying yourself, or do… 6 days ago
- RT @TheOnion: Museum Gift Shop Openly Daring Anyone To Spend $450 On Decorative Geode trib.al/RNo81p6 https://t.co/x0Ev8WgykY 1 week ago
- RT @richard_littler: I've always loved this ad. "Bored when your husband is out at work? Drink wine! We've even added the word 'tonic' to m… 2 weeks ago
- Former British Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman on what makes a good magazine editor in changing times businessoffashion.com/articles/opini… 2 weeks ago
- Jonathan Adler dartboard! https://t.co/zrzjYmPYZf 2 weeks ago