If you like your Americana, a piece of artwork from Hatch Show Print is a must-have. The Nashville-based letterpress printmakers have been churning out show posters for the greatest names in country music since 1879, and you can still buy the best of their ‘restrikes’ (ie, a new print made from the original plates) for surprisingly little. Among the Pasty Cline and Johnny Cash posters there is some ace advertising artwork, pushing everything from trailers to ice-cream, that brilliantly evokes the brave new world of post-war consumerism. I dunno what ‘whole hog sausage’ is, but this poster makes me want to eat some.
- RT @jiveDurkey: i have 3 words for you on this Thursday: CHILEAN. POLICE. PUPPERS. https://t.co/yS6B5SYFKW 3 days ago
- Large Fancy Room Filled With Crap. Something I unashamedly aspire to. David Shrigley Tea Towel by @thirddrawerdown https://t.co/pEgjy92QRD 1 week ago
- Heh heh I just mistyped Dulux's 2019 Colour of the Year, Spiced Honey, as 'Spiced Homey' 2 weeks ago
- 😺😺😺 twitter.com/reallylocalgrp… 2 weeks ago
- @GoodfellowComms @orncgreenwich @martinashleyarc Oh it’s great I loved doing that tour! 2 weeks ago