If you like your Americana, a piece of artwork from Hatch Show Print is a must-have. The Nashville-based letterpress printmakers have been churning out show posters for the greatest names in country music since 1879, and you can still buy the best of their ‘restrikes’ (ie, a new print made from the original plates) for surprisingly little. Among the Pasty Cline and Johnny Cash posters there is some ace advertising artwork, pushing everything from trailers to ice-cream, that brilliantly evokes the brave new world of post-war consumerism. I dunno what ‘whole hog sausage’ is, but this poster makes me want to eat some.
- RT @HadleyFreeman: What is the word for that unique wave of self-loathing sparked by listening back to the transcription of an interview yo… 4 days ago
- Ian McEwan’s Cotswolds garden is quite the thing nytimes.com/2017/08/28/t-m… 1 week ago
- RT @ethiopienne: once i learn how to express anger without crying it's over for you hoes 2 weeks ago
- @jasontanner100 You need to follow @WHS_Carpet - celebrating all the crapness of WHSmith 3 weeks ago
- Taxi firm in Rye. This grinds my gears every time I see it #pedant https://t.co/W7YCOFXYwU 1 month ago