If you like your Americana, a piece of artwork from Hatch Show Print is a must-have. The Nashville-based letterpress printmakers have been churning out show posters for the greatest names in country music since 1879, and you can still buy the best of their ‘restrikes’ (ie, a new print made from the original plates) for surprisingly little. Among the Pasty Cline and Johnny Cash posters there is some ace advertising artwork, pushing everything from trailers to ice-cream, that brilliantly evokes the brave new world of post-war consumerism. I dunno what ‘whole hog sausage’ is, but this poster makes me want to eat some.
- RT @johnkiszely: Oh for a hyphen! @thetimes https://t.co/RVI4pZIx0v 3 days ago
- RT @RyeINews: Comedian and author @ShappiKhorsandi votes Rye as the best romantic escape in this weekend’s @guardian https://t.co/jLoH1zyX… 4 days ago
- RT @TheOnion: Schnauzers Rioting Outside Madison Square Garden Following Westminster Dog Show Defeat trib.al/H6E0HIz https://t.co/C… 5 days ago
- RT @70s_party: https://t.co/AjMuGuAbu0 5 days ago
- Loving the salmon/lilac/black outline combination in this new Finna light from @CWrayLighting - and the coloured pa… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago